Individual Treatment £60.00
Purchase in a course of 3 £150.00
This unique multi phase chemical peel powerfully targets fine lines, hyperpigmentation and breakouts to take skin health to a whole new depth – this treatment can be used on sensitive skin.
Many chemicals peels available today are to strong causing damage rather than healing. Bio surface peel repairs removing the dull epidermal layer and accelerating cell renewal without inflammation and with minimal downtime.
BioSurface Peel can be used to help:
- Decrease surface roughness
- Treat breakouts
- Reduce fine lines
- Stimulate cell turnover and collagen production
- Brighten the skin
- Minimise the appearance of pigmentation
- Reduce signs of photoageing, skin ageing and breakouts
How is it different to other Dermalogica skin treatments?
This is Dermalogica’s most powerful resurfacing system to date. BioSurface Peel is unlike any other professional treatment on the market. It delivers visible results without the adverse side effects of aggressive chemical peels. This intense treatment requires the professional skin therapist’s undivided attention. therefore, there is no customising, no mixing and no massage.
As this is an advanced treatment a consultation is required at least 48 hours before your first treatment, this will include a patch test, pre and post peel skin preparation instruction and a discussion regarding your desired outcome. A course of treatments is required, with a minimum of 3 treatments, but ideally 6.
BioSurface Peel pre-peel preparation
The treatment you will receive is designed to exfoliate or remove dead skin cell on the outer (epidermal) layers of the skin. Depending on the treatment, you may experience some temporary burning, itching, stinging or warm flushing. This will fade within 5-10 minutes and your professional skin therapist will discuss and monitor these sensations. During the next few hours, you may experience some tightening of the skin, which may last for several days. For some clients, a light flaking may begin within 2-3 days after treatment. It is impossible to pre-determine how much peeling will occur. The shedding process usually subsides within 7-10 days.
Your full participation during and after the treatment will determine the outcome. It is important that you strictly adhere to the homecare products and regimen that your professional skin therapist has recommended.
Before you receive each BioSurface Peel treatment you will be asked to confirm the below statements:
- I have not received a cosmetic or resurfacing skin procedure such as laser, light therapy, chemical peel or microdermabrasion within the past 2 weeks.
- I am not pregnant or lactating.
- I have not used any prescribed topical medications such as Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid or Retin-A.
- I do not have any active cold sores.
- I have not received Botox or other injectable procedures within the past 6 weeks.
- I have not used Isotretinoin (also known as Accutane) in the past 6 months.
- I agree to apply sunscreen protection (minimum SPF30) daily.
- I agree to notify my professional skin therapist of concerns.
- I agree to follow the prescribed protocol.
- I agree to avoid direct sun for 2-3 weeks.
- I agree not to wax for 72 hours.
You will be asked to sign a Consent for Treatment and your therapist will verbalise and provide written Post-Treatment instructions.
BioSurface Peel Post Treatment Instructions
Use the following guidelines until your skin has resolved peeling (approximately 7-10 days.) For more sensitive skin or after a more intense treatment, consider following these guidelines for at least 10 days.
- Immediately following treatment, apply a broad spectrum physical sunscreen (minimum SPF30) such as Dermalogica Super Sensitive Shield SPF30 or UltraSensitive Tint SPF30. Avoid direct daylight exposure for 2-3 weeks and wear a 3” wide brim hat if going in the sun is necessary. Direct sun exposure must be avoided to prevent hyperpigmentation.
- On the day of treatment, avoid strenuous exercise or prolonged exposure to heat sources such as dry saunas and steam rooms. Increased blood circulation to the face will cause an increased warming effect, which could lead to discomfort(prickling, itching, etc.), redness, inflammation, swelling or other side effects.
- On the night of treatment, rinse your face with cool water and a gentle cleanser such as UltraCalming Cleanser, then moisturize skin with a barrier-protecting moisturiser such as Barrier Repair. This will help soothe skin tightness.
- Increase your fluid intake for 2-3 days after the BioSurface Peel treatment.
- You will likely begin peeling within 2-3 days. This is normal. DO NOT pick or peel at loose skin. This may cause discolouration.
- Avoid using any type of exfoliating product on the treated area for 72 hours after treatment or until your skin shows no signs of sensitivity. If skin is no longer sensitive, MultiVitamin Thermafoliant may be used to slough off peeling skin.
- Continue to moisturise the treated area for the duration of the peeling process. Applying Multi-Active Toner, Skin Hydrating Booster or a slightly thicker moisturiser such as Intensive Moisture Balance throughout the day can help maintain hydration and decrease the appearance of flaking.